OK, maybe not you – you may well live in a state other than Texas. And if you do live in the Lone Star State but you’re white, that’ll also decrease your odds of taking the needle. But in terms of overall population, Texans are more likely to have their execution order signed by Rick Perry than they are to die in an airplane crash.
That’s via This Is Hell Radio with Chuck Mertz, which is probably my favorite political talk-show — Chicagoans shouldn’t miss it.
A couple of nerds on Twitter (follow me!) fact-checked this claim — cautioning that it was “napkin math” — and came up with the following:
For TX residents, the odds are: plane crash 5.85*10^-5%, Perry execution: 8.33*10^-5%.
Now, to be fair to Perry, Texans have always been pretty keen on hanging ‘em high. They tended towards bloodlust long before Rick Perry came along, and will no doubt continue to long after that nice hair has faded into a distant memory.
- Kucuka.net on Intellectual Property is a bad thing.
- evgeniy levchenko datums aangemeld on Debt slavery is a natural consequence of unregulated capitalism
- best career counselor on What will it take to address the climate emergency
- hyip on Debt slavery is a natural consequence of unregulated capitalism
- Tony Williams on Debt slavery is a natural consequence of unregulated capitalism
- Error: Could not open handle for fopen() to http://heyhippies.tumblr.com/api/read?num=2
Category CloudActivism Americans Barack Obama Blogging Budget Bush II Administration Business Capitalism Class Warfare Congress Conservatives Corporatism Corruption Democracy Democrats Dirty Hippies Economy Education Elections Extremism Government Greed Health Care Jobs Journalism labor Media messaging Obama Administration Politics Progressives Religious Right Reproductive Rights Republicans Satire Social Security Taxation Tea Party Uncategorized Unions US Politics Violence Wall Street Wealth Wisconsin